Curiosity Quills Press is the publishing arm of Curiosity Quills, a publisher of hard-hitting dark sci-fi, speculative fiction, and paranormal works aimed at adults, young adults, and new adults. We are also a purveyor of anthologies thereof.
We provide our authors with a flexible array of quality premium services, marketing support, and technical know-how, while ensuring that these literary marauders are truly the cream of the crop through a highly selective acquisition process.
Note: In addition to published works, we are also interested in blogger contributions to our literary portal.
- Speculative Fiction / Dark Sci-Fi / Traditional Sci-Fi
- Paranormal and Urban Fantasy
- Steampunk / NeoVictorian
- Mystery / Crime Thrillers
- New Adult / Upper YA (protags in late teens, early 20′s)
- Young Adult (protags in mid-to-late teens)
- Quirky/Humorous Fiction (in any of the above genres)
We also accept Graphic Novels in the above genres.
What We’re Looking For
- Thought-provoking, mind-twisting rollercoasters – challenge our mind, turn our world upside down, and make us question. Those are the makings of a true literary marauder.
- Serialization Potential - If your work was made with serialization in mind, we want to hear from you. If not – that’s okay! We still want to hear from you.
- Agented submission are not required, but will receive precedence over unagented ones.
- Length Guidelines: Keep in mind, these are just guidelines – we DO make exceptions.
- Novellas: 15k-45k words
- Young Adult: 45k to 75k words
- New Adult / Upper YA Novels: 60k-100k words
- Adult Novels: 70k-120k words
It`s a harsh reality, but a reality none the less…. In this wondrous journey to publication it’s not always apparent to authors that writing the book is just half the battle. Getting people to pick up and read that book is the other half. While the highly trained marketing team at CQ Press will do their very best to promote your book the real key to successful promotion is YOU! As an author you have the be willing to put yourself out there, to seek out book store appearances, to read your work in public, to pursue interview opportunities, go to writers conferences, be active on social media, tweet like your life depends on it, etc. CQ Press will be there to guide and help you but you have to be willing to put the work in. If you`re not willing to do this then now would be the time to navigate away from this page, file away your written pages, and pursue that cross-stitching hobby you’ve always dreamed about. If you are willing to do all these things…then please proceed with your query.
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please send an email to one of the addresses below with the following information:
- A one-page query letter containing your genre, title, wordcount, and a brief blurb about the book.
- The first five (5) double-spaced pages
- For serialized works, please include information about update frequency, update length, and projected series duration.
- Established authors are welcome to query with a standard proposal package of three chapters, a synopsis, and a query.
- PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY PERSONAL WRITING CREDENTIALS, AWARDS, REVIEWS, OR PROMOTIONAL LINKS
Manuscript Format Requirements
If your manuscript is requested, please make sure to format it according to the following:
- RTF, DOC, or TXT files only
- 12 pt Times New Roman font (if applicable)
- double-spaced (if applicable)
- .5″ indents (if applicable)
Note: Unless we request a revise and resubmit, full manuscript rejections are final.