For Weatherby Stein and Morton Candle – private detectives specializing in the paranormal – life normally isn’t easy.
They deal with cases that pit them against ferocious demons in the Tokyo underworld, Satan-worshipping teenagers in a seemingly normal suburb and lizard-men in a Lake Tahoe lounge, and they still manage to come out on top.
But now one of Weatherby’s ancient ancestors, the villainous Viscount Wagner Stein, has been resurrected and is looking to stir up trouble – and he’s not alone.
Facing down dangers from the past like the Viscount and the newly arisen Dracula, Lord of Vampires, Weatherby and Mort have no choice but call in help.
They’ll bring in Weatherby’s sister, a college student studying folklore and her beatnik boyfriend.
They’ll bring in Morton’s squad mates, a tough bunch of soldiers who stormed through Europe together.
And they’ll bring in a hulking monster named Adam, with another connection to the past of Weatherby’s family.
Weatherby, Morton and their allies make a stand to stop the evils of the past from corrupting of the future – and only one faction will make it out of the battle alive.
- Theme: Hardboiled Detective / Urban Fantasy
- Type: Curiosity Quills Press Novel
- Length: 237 Pages
- Pub. Date: September 30, 2012
- ISBN: 978-1-62007-036-9 (ebook)
- ISBN: 978-1-62007-037-6 (paperback)
- In Print:
- Social Media: Facebook | Google+ | Goodreads
- Trouble in Tokyo, Part One (Jun 24, 2012)
- Trouble in Tokyo, Part Two (Jul 1, 2012)
- Trouble in Tokyo, Part Three (Jul 8, 2012)
- Trouble in Tokyo, Part Four (Jul 15, 2012)
- Trouble in Tokyo, Part Five (Jul 22, 2012)
- Teenage Wasteland, Part One (Jul 29, 2012)
- Teenage Wasteland, Part Two (Aug 5, 2012)
- Teenage Wasteland, Part Three (Aug 12, 2012)
- Teenage Wasteland, Part Four (Aug 19,2012)
- Lounge Lizards, Part One (Aug 26,2012)
- Lounge Lizards, Part Two (Sep 2, 2012)
- Lounge Lizards, Part Three (Sep 9, 2012)
- Lounge Lizards, Part Four (Sep 15, 2012)
Included in Anthology:
- Trouble in Tokyo: demons are stirring up trouble in the Tokyo Underworld and Mort and Weatherby are on the case. But when roguish CIA Agent Bobby Belsaco, an army of ninjas and monsters from Japanese myth get involved, Weatherby and Mort find that the Yakuza are the least of their troubles.
- Teenage Wasteland: Juvenile Delinquency has taken a strange turn in suburban Silver Hills, where the teenage troublemakers have started worshipping the devil and practicing black magic. Weatherby goes undercover at Silver Hills High School to discover the lurking evil in an all-American small town.
- Lounge Lizards: Teen heartthrob Tommy Gabriel has a few secrets. For starters, he’s not human. When he goes AWOL, Weatherby and Mort are hired to find him and bring him back. Selena Stein is along for the ride and she’s brought her new boyfriend, who has his own challenges to face before winning Weatherby’s approval.
- Drac’s Back: The remaining vampires of the world are desperate. They’ve turned to Weatherby and Mort to help them bring back the greatest vamp of all — the legendary Count Dracula.
- Stein Family Reunion: The Viscount Wagner Stein – now known as the beatnik drug guru Dr. Twist — is up to something in San Francisco. Weatherby, Mort, Selena and Chad head there to stop and meet up with Adam, a hulking monstrosity with a connection to the past of the Stein Family.
- Big City Showdown, Part I: Dracula and Viscount Wagner Stein have teamed-up. The goal of their partnership? To conquer everything. Between them, they’ve got enough supernatural power to take on the world. Luckily, Mort, Weatherby and their friends are there to stand against them.
- Big City Showdown, Part II: Following a brutal attack, Mort, Weatherby and their friends decide to go on the offensive. It’s a brutal battle to the death, with the fate of the world in the balance – and no one will be walking away before the fight is through.
~K. Sozaeva @ Amazon ()
~K. Sozaeva @ Amazon ()
~Maxine McLister @ Amazon ()