Got your sights set on completing NaNoWriMo this year? Think your work out-NaNo’s the competition? Want to try for a chance at something bigger?
Welcome to the NaNo-Virtuoso Competition, hosted by Curiosity Quills Press – a no-holds-barred showdown between the cream of the NaNo-crop.
We are looking for a dynamic pair of NaNo Virtuosos whose works will be published by Curiosity Quills Press.
Read the rules below for more details – and good luck!
Made it through NaNoWriMo alive? Now it’s time to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- All entries must be completed during NaNoWriMo 2011.
- Submissions open through Dec. 2
- Blurb & first 3 pages displayed for voting
- Voting will finish Dec. 16
Ten winners this round.
- Induction into the CQ NaNo Hall of Fame
- Move on to the Finalist round
You are better than most, but the competition is only warming up. Do you have what it takes?
- Round 1 winners have through Dec. 19 to make edits
- Blurb & first 5 pages displayed for voting
- Voting will finish Jan. 2
Five winners this round.
- $25 Amazon gift certificate
- Professional editing of first 10 pages
- Move on to the NaNo Virtuoso round
You are riding high, among the cream of the crop – now seize the grand prize!
- Round 2 winners will have through Jan 6 to make final edits
- Blurb & first 10 pages displayed for voting
- Voting will finish Jan. 30
Two winners this round.
- $150 Amazon gift certificate
- Professional editing of whole submission
- Preferential publication by Curiosity Quills Press
- Submissions for Round 1 must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight PST on December 2, 2011.
- Submissions must be completed NaNoWriMo 2011 entries.
- You must be the author of your submission.
- All submissions must adhere to our standard submission guidelines for published works.
- There is no limit to how many submissions you can make, as long as they all fit the criteria.
- Round 1 voting tallies will be calculated on December 16, 2011.
- Round 2 voting tallies will be calculated on January 2, 2012.
- Round 3 voting tallies will be calculated on January 30, 2011.
- Competitors may promote their entries, as long as nothing is offered in exchange.
- Competitors offering any sort of valuable consideration in exchange for support will be automatically disqualified.
Winners & Edits:
- 10 highest ranking submissions from Round 1 will be declared winners of Round 1.
- Winners of Round 1 will have through December 19, 2011 to make edits for Round 2.
- If no edits are submitted for Round 2, the Round 1 entry will be used.
- 5 highest ranking submissions from Round 2 will be declared winners of Round 2.
- Winners of Round 2 will have through January 6, 2012 to make final edits for Round 3.
- If no edits are submitted for Round 3, the Round 2 entry will be used.
- Winners of each round will be informed via email.
- Prizes may not be substituted for monetary value or transferred to other individuals or works.
- Grand prize winners will need to sign a formal publishing agreement in order to have their works published by Curiosity Quills Press.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by the contest rules and the decisions of Curiosity Quills Press, which shall be final and binding with respects to all aspects of the contest, including and without limitation the eligibility of entries.
- All entries remain the property of their respective authors.
- By entering the contest, you grant Curiosity Quills Press a non-exclusive, nontransferable worldwide license to display, modify, or use the submitted materials in any way necessary to carry out the judging process and to promote the competition.
- Curiosity Quills Press is not responsible for any lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to accept all correspondence from Curiosity Quills Press.
- By entering the contest, a contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Curiosity Quills Press, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless and to release them from any and all liability, damages, or cause whatsoever , however named or decided, with respect to or arising out of participation in a contest, or the receipt or use of the prize awarded.
- Curiosity Quills Press, its agents and assigns are not responsible for technical, internet, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind and lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit the ability to participate in a contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing entries. If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Curiosity Quills Press, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper concluding of a contest), the contest can not be completed as described in the rules, Curiosity Quills Press shall have the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.