Cats do not have to be grateful.
We know we are wonderful and that we deserve the best. What you are about to witness is a rare occurrence in the world of felines: A thank-you note.
Thursday, Dog Time Media announced the winner of the Pre-Petties award, where fans voted for a non-profit animal shelter or rescue to receive a $10,000 donation. The winner was the shelter that brought me together with Thing One, the Humane Society of Chittenden County (HSCC).
You can read the official announcement from Dog Time Media HERE.
Ten thousand dollars is a lot of catnip. I know HSCC is honored to receive this. I know that you all think I am fabulous, and this was a way for you to show your appreciation for all I have done for you. Now it’s time for me to say that I appreciate the time and effort you put in to voting, and making this happen. My followers rock.
CFB’s Top Ten Reasons to Like HSCC:
- The staff there thinks I am cute. They are professionals, so they should know.
- They accept animals brought to them regardless of health, age, or behavioral issues.
- They know I’m awesome. And adorable. They told me so.
- They work hard to to make the right match for every animal – and every potential adopter – in their care.
- Me + Thing One = Unbeatable combination.
- They do not euthanize animals for space or length of stay – they keep and care for every animal at HSCC for as long as it takes to find them a forever home.
- The staff and volunteers were all really nice to me, even when I wasn’t nice to them.
- They have many community education and outreach programs.
- Did I mention they think I am cute? And fabulous?
- If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have my couch.
If you would like to make a tax deductible gift to HSCC, you can do that here. Tell them CFB sent you.
Click HERE to vote for me once a day in the category of Best Cat Blog. If I win, HSCC will get another $1000. Help me say “thank you” — again — to the shelter that brought me together with Thing One: Humane Society of Chittenden County.
And THANK YOU, fans and followers. From the bottom of my adorable little heart.
Being grateful is exhausting. I’ll be on the couch.